Monday 19 January 2015

Sliding bevel and protractor

My nearly complete sliding bevel.
I thought I had one but can't find it so I decided to make one. It only took a couple of hours and all it needs now is to round over one end and to make sure it closes a little better with some finishing sandpapering in the slot.



I'd like to swap out the nut and bolt for one with a wing nut, but I will have to wait until I can go to the Hardware store







Based on the following link I've printed some protractors to allow me to set my sliding bevel

The protractor I ended up using 

This is the protractor recommended in "I built it .ca"


Complete Folded

Complete Open

I cut out a notch for my thumb to push on the blade on one side and rounded off the end which proved to me just how much easier this would be with a shelf to rest my stock on while I use the disc sander

No comments:

Post a Comment