Friday 7 October 2016

Re printing the Skeleton Uke

So that was 8 hours down the drain. I think I need to redo the supports as some of the print fell over.

Anyway here are some shots of the print and since it is done in quarters this is the bottom right that holds the input jack and the under saddle pickup.

Click to enlarge



Click to enlarge
Its such a shame too, the print was going so well 

Click to enlarge
I have it recessed into the body so my ocd is very happy lol

Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge
The plug in pickup goes through the body and out the little hole on the top. The bridge will have a corresponding hole drilled through it after it is glued in place.

Click to enlarge
It sits in the slot and the saddle sits on top. I've ordered some other pickups that I think will plug into the output jack that are or seemed to be smaller in profile that might be better but they haven't arrived yet so I'll let you know when they do.

Click to enlarge

The pickup will be threaded through a hole drilled later so wont be poking out the side.

Click to enlarge
The pickup just plugs into the jack.

Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge











No comments:

Post a Comment