Wednesday 26 October 2016

CoreXY Build - update 2

Set up a stop block to cut the 2020 to length 320mm




Sitting on the bed in my flat watching TV and assembling the core xy and watching a print via octoprint. Multitasking!


I'm using toothed wheel instead of the bearings Tech2c uses so I've had to modify bits and pieces in cad/3ds Max to accommodate the different sizes.




Cutting the 400mm smooth rod down to the 320mm was awkward but used both a dremel and angle grinder to finesse the final size. I'd ordered extra smooth rods at different times and it seems one lot is a lot softer metal than the other...............go figure.



Satisfying! :-)


Stoopid camera wouldnt focus. Putting end caps I designed and printed onto the 2020 ends
STL





Managed to be one short so I had to reprint the lost one.









I'm hoping my printer will end up with the same bed dimesions as my i3 I have now. The final print bed size should be 220 x 220 x 300? plus.

As a consequence the aluminium the frame size is 380 x 320 x 300 approx but can be closer to 500 if need be.
Some of the other modifications will be 8mm X axis instead of the 10mm with bushings as I couldn't source the anodised ali for that, so I'm printing after some modifications the 8mm version available on Thingiverse.

Tech2cs build on Thingiverse

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1796964 The fan duct (using the if one is good three must be better philosophy) edit:- I put the origonal one back on until my new hot end shows up.

All the remixes on Thingiverse

The XY_Joiner for 8mm rods on X-Gantry I've modified mine to use the toothed idler bearings I'm using. You can see them in some of the photos above, but here's some close ups.

They measure:- inside diameter 12mm outside 18mm are 10mm thick and have a 3mm centre hole.





edit:- I had to change the x axis plastic bits to accomodate the new idler bearings
X_Carriage.stl














No comments:

Post a Comment