Saturday 23 July 2016

Skeleton Ukulele er ah update :-)

So........ I'm not a rich man, not even remotely so and I have to wait for paydays to be able to buy any filament or any other 3d printing supplies (or anything at all, for that matter).

I'm also trying to save for my cars registration at the same time.

To print the neck I need some more glow in the dark blue and while the wrong colour glow in the dark blue was replaced (It's about $40.00 aud) I ended up returning the original roll and that cost me another $13.00 so basically a roll of glow in the dark blue, that was still the wrong colour cost me $53.00 + and haven't been able to get any new filament for some time.

On top of that I've been trying to use 3ds Max's loft command to take different shapes that make up the design of a ukulele neck and merge them into a usable model.

I've used loft a long time ago and can still loft one shape to another, but that's the rub, I never really learnt to use more than a couple of shapes and now I need to teach myself how to loft 7 or more shapes. I'm reasonably confident I'll manage to do this eventually. I will look at Blender and Fusion 360 as well to do this.

I've been a little disheartened by the lack of finances for materials and it's made me put the neck on the back burner and deal with things I can do, like the Ukulele Hanger for my music stand.

I do have some pla blue which I've been using for the uke hanger along with some black abs which I'm using for a friend to test the hanger in day to day use. He preferred the black so it wouldn't stand out, something I never even considered.

I've worked in the graphic arts fields since I was 18 and often trying desperately to make things stand out, so I think its fair that I never considered that. Most of the musicians I know would kill for any form of attention whether it is deserved from their lack of any real talent or not lol egos in musicians never hahaha

I'm also printing a new case for my raspberry pi to fill in time.................so I'm not resting on my laurels and wallowing in some depressed state it's just going to take time to get things moving again on the Skeleton Uke. ;-D



No comments:

Post a Comment